With the release of VMware ESXi 4.1 update 1 a new version of VMware vCenter has also been released. This release of VMware vCenter Server 4.1 Update 1 offers the following improvements:
- Additional Guest Operating System Customization Support: vCenter Server now supports customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x32 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x32 and x64)
- RHEL 6.0 (x32 and x64)
- RHEL5.5 (x32 and x64)
- Additional vCenter Server Database Support: vCenter Server now supports the following databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP3
- Oracle 11g Standard/Enterprise Release 2, 184.108.40.206.0 or later, (x32 and x64)
- IBM DB2 9.7.2 Express C (x32 and x64)
- IBM DB2 9.7.2 Enterprise (x32 and x64)
For more information about using IBM DB2 – 9.7.2 database with vCenter Server 4.1 Update 1, see KB 1033201.
- Resolved Issues: In addition, this release delivers a number of bug fixes that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section.