Well VMworld 2010 has started this week and a lot of news is being released. Here are the latest news facts:
– VMware has released VMware View 4.5. VMware View 4.5 includes the following new functionality:
- Microsoft Windows 7 support
- VMware View Client with Local Mode support
- VMware View Client for Apple Mac OS X
- Support for vSphere 4.1
More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware vFabric Hyperic. VMware vFabric Hyperic is the leading platform for web and custom application monitoring and performance management for physical, virtual and cloud environments. By providing top-down visibility and control across all layers of the technology services and infrastructure used by your web and custom applications, it allows you to ensure applications are meeting their service level commitments through reduced application downtime. More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware vFabric tc Server. VMware vFabric tc Server provides a lean platform for running modern applications and is ideally suited for the virtualized datacenter. Thanks to its very small footprint and lean approach, vFabric tc Server typically requires significantly less computing resources when compared to typical application servers, allowing customers to yield greater application server density within a virtual environment. More information can be found here.
– Symantec announces Symantec ApplicationHA. Symantec ApplicationHA integrates with VMware vCenter Server and VMware High Availability to ensure high availability for applications running in virtual machines. Symantec ApplicationHA complements VMware HA with application health monitoring and control. More information can be found here.
– Symantec announces Symantec VirtualStore. VirtualStore is a software-based NAS solution that scales servers and storage independently, efficiently provisions virtual machines, and delivers advanced storage optimization capabilities for VMware environments. VirtualStore was developed in collaboration with VMware and integrates with VMware’s management tools such as VMware vCenter Server and VMware vMotion. More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware vCloud Director. VMware vCloud Director lets you pool virtual infrastructure resources in your existing datacenter and deliver them to users as a catalogue-based service with VMware vCloud Director. More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware vShield Edge. VMware vShield Edge integrates seamlessly with vSphere and includes essential network gateway services so you can quickly and securely scale your cloud infrastructures. More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware vShield App. VMware vShield App lets you protect applications in the virtual datacenter from network-based threats. Get deep visibility into network communications and enforce granular policies with security groups. More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware vShield Endpoint. VMware vShield Endpoint lets you offload antivirus and anti-malware processing to dedicated security-hardened virtual machines delivered by VMware partners. More information can be found here.
– VMware has released VMware Converter Standalone 4.3. VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 4.3 includes the following new functionality:
- Support for VMware vSphere 4.1 as source and destination targets
- Support for importing powered-off Microsoft Hyper-V R1 and Hyper-V R2 virtual machines
- Public API and sample code for submitting and monitoring Converter jobs
- Support for importing Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 sources
- Ability to throttle the data transfer from source to destination based on network bandwidth or CPU
- IPv6 support
– VMware has released VMWare Chargeback 1.5. VMWare Chargeback 1.5 includes the following new functionality:
- Hierarchy management tools, filters, and views
- Support for resource allocation on chargeback hierarchical entity
- Auto-Costing for VMware High Availability, VMware Fault Tolerance, and guest operating systems
- Configuring cost at the host and cluster levels
- Enhanced cost model support
- Support for custom billing policies
- New cost analysis dashboard
- Customizable reporting interface
- Support for generating reports in multiple currencies
- Support for multiple LDAP servers
- Resource-based authorization
- Full support for vCenter Chargeback APIs
- Support for VMware Cloud Director